Linux Market Share in Servers
SERVER MARKET SHARE – 2013 Q3
As per IDC and Gartner, here are the important points:
1. Both #IDC and #Gartner have HP as the top server vendor in the world by revenue. IDC reported that HP held 28.1 percent of server revenues, for a 1.5 percent year-over-year gain. Gartner has HP’s server revenue share at 27.6 percent on a 2.2 percent year-over-year gain.
2. #IBM holds the number two spot, with a declining revenue growth of negative 19.4 percent according to IDC and negative 18.9 percent according to Gartner.
3. In third place is #Dell, which also experienced a revenue decline of negative 6 percent according to IDC and negative 3.5 percent according to Gartner.
4. Some of the biggest declines during the quarter were felt in the Unix server space, which has now hit all-time lows. According to IDC, Unix server revenues for 3Q13 fell to $1.3 billion, for a 31.3 percent year-over-year decline.
5. IDC also saw softness in #Microsoft‘s Windows Server, with revenue of $6.1 billion, down by 1.3 percent on a year-over-year basis.
… and here is what we all love
6. In contrast, IDC is seeing continued growth from #Linux, with revenue coming in at 3.4 billion for a 5.6 percent gain.
So GEEKS !!
You know where to invest in your training.
Linux !! Obvious.